5 Ways Dental Sedation can Improve Your Next Visit
For many, the prospect of undergoing even routine dental care can be overwhelming. However, Family Dental Associates of NJ has a solution for patients experiencing this anxiety: dental sedation. By adding dental sedation to your next treatment, you can begin looking forward to regular dental care. Consider the following ways dental sedation can improve your next visit:
- Calm Nerves and Overcome Anxieties: Dental anxiety and phobia affect countless individuals every year, causing many to put off visiting the dentist for routine cleanings and check-ups. As a result, many of these patients are at risk of developing serious oral problems that require extensive care in order to restore the smile to its optimal health and function. With dental sedation, patients often do not remember the specific details of their treatment, thereby enhancing their overall dental experience. In the long-run, these positive experiences ensured by dental sedation can help patients stay healthy and overcome their dental fears and anxieties.
- Improve Lengthy Procedures: In addition to helping nervous patients remain calm, dental sedation is often recommended in cases where an individual will be undergoing several treatments during one appointment. Depending on the strength of the medication, some patients may feel as though they are sleeping during the procedure. In other scenarios, patients who added dental sedation to their treatment may feel that their procedure is much shorter than it actually is.
- Tailored to your Needs: There are several different types of sedation. To ensure you receive the best care possible, receiving sedation medication at our Hackensack dental practice begins with an in-depth evaluation of your health, during which our team determines which sedation best meets your health and comfort needs. Based on these factors, you may be recommended nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral conscious sedation, or intravenous sedation.
- Safe and Versatile: Sedation dentistry is safe for all healthy patients and can be incorporated into a variety of procedures, from routine cleanings to complex restorative treatments. For children and patients with special needs, utilizing dental sedation can help keep patients calm and still during their procedure, ensuring successful treatments and positive experiences.
- No Lingering Side Effects: Even for patients without dental phobias or anxieties, the noises and sensations of routine dental care can make visits uncomfortable. Minimal sedation options such as nitrous oxide make it easy to undergo these procedures comfortably. As the relaxation effects wear off soon after the procedure, patients receiving these more mild sedation treatments are able to return to their regular routine following their appointment.
At Family Dental Associates of NJ, we offer several different variations of dental sedation options tailored meet your overall health needs while enhancing your overall visit. Administered by an experienced dental anesthesiologist, dental sedation is a safe, convenient method of improving your dental visit. To learn more about incorporating this treatment into your next appointment, contact our Hackensack dental team today.